Friday, April 17, 2009

the mother load, some style, design and smoothies



Good Morning!
A package arrived yesterday from New York City. Inside that big box was the mother load of Domino magazine issues I don't have. I only started subscribing in 2007! What a fool! So, once again eBay came to the rescue - at a rather large price but it feels like Christmas again looking at these covers!
This collection consists of all of 2005 including the premier issue and all of 2006. I'm still very confused about why such a popular and original magazine was cancelled. I've never been so inspired! I've always searched for a personal design style and could never articulate my likes or dislikes and Domino truly opened a new world to me. I was heartbroken to hear it was finished. So, thank goodness for eBay giving Domino longer life to me and to other design devotees.
















So maybe sometime today I'll be able to sit with my tea and thumb through these delights. Speaking of tea, I love these Orla Kiely patterns. She has her own site now (http://www.orlakiely.com/) in the US but I got this cup from Target. Target was also selling her table cloths, pot holders and gorgeous napkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment