Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hello, Halloween.

Hello OSH friends! Greetings from California,

I have to admit, this holiday has always made me a little uncomfortable.


Sitting in the hammock chair reading Sunset magazine. When did Sunset magazine get so awesome? I suppose when low -water garden grasses became fascinating to me!

And finally, a poem for you:

A.E. Stallings
Triolet on a Line Apocryphally Attributed to Martin Luther

Why Should the Devil get all the good tunes,
The booze and the neon and Saturday night,
The swaying in darkness, the lovers like spoons?
Why should the devil get all the good tunes?
Does he hum them to while away Saturday afternoons
And the long, lonesome Sundays? Or sing them for spite?
Why should the Devil get all the good tunes,
The booze and the neon and Saturday night?


L.


1 comment:

  1. GREAT poem! Halloween is a bit of a strange day. I've always loved it, but it is weird, no doubt about it.

    I haven't read Sunset, but I feel the same way about Yankee Magazine. Either it's gotten hipper or I'm just getting old! ; )

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete